This Privacy Statement sets out Wallace McLean Limited practices relating to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information.
We will only request personal information necessary for us to complete our service for you. If you do not provide the information or correct information in a timely manner, it may affect our ability to complete our provision of insurance services and claims management for you.
You have a responsibility to disclose the requested information correctly and disclose any additional information which has not been requested but which insurers may consider relevant to their risk assessment and/or claim settlement.
- Insurers, to arrange an insurance policy for you, to get quotes, or to administer claims
- Assessors and Investigators appointed by your insurer to assess or investigate your claim
- Repairers or suppliers in relation to repairing or replacing your insured items
- Premium Funding Companies to provide you with premium financing quote
- Disputes resolution services to resolve any dispute that we might have with you
- Others if we are required to do so by law or under some unusual other circumstances which the Privacy Act permits
- Overseas insurers, reinsurers, and other service providers – We will do our utmost to ensure these parties outside New Zealand are, if not subject to New Zealand Privacy Acts, have comparable privacy safeguards, and have agreed to adequately protect the information.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of all personal information you provide to us and will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is accurate, complete, up-to date, stored in a secure environment (electronically and in paper records), protected from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. We ensure that your information is safe by restricting access to our staff and by maintaining appropriate electronic security measures. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information.
We keep personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
You have the right to access and correct the information we hold. If you wish to access or correct your personal information, please write to Wallace McLean Limited. Upon receipt of your written request and enough guidance to allow us to identify the information, we will disclose to you the personal information we hold about you. We will also correct, amend, or delete any personal information that we agree is inaccurate.
We welcome your questions if you have any concerns or complaints, please contact the Privacy Officer.
Simon Keenan firstname.lastname@example.org